Monday, June 28, 2010

Ecole St. Gerard Visit



Today I went to a school called Saint Gerard with my mom and brother Yani. There are 1070 students. They are so nice. When I walked in the kindergarten class they were all saying blanc blanc blanc I told them I’m a Haitian and they were like no your not. Then I sang a song with them. They were really cute. I showed them how to make tulips, boats, and planes they were so happy. We also took pictures with them. The older ones were at their sport class.


If I go back to Saint Gerard I will be so happy. I will bring paper from home to teach them other things. I didn’t spend much time but I had fun over there. The children will never want to let go of you. Today is the first time I went, but I fell in love with them. There was a little girl every time I made a plane, a tulip, or a boat she would take it.


At the end of my visit I didn’t want to leave but I had to. I hope to go back soon with construction paper and coloring pencils.


Malaika Martelly

9 years old



3 Comments:

LUXURYEVENTSPLANNING said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LUXURYEVENTSPLANNING said...

Proverbs 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." One of the keys to fulfilling your God-given destiny and finding success is by surrounding yourself with the right people. That means connecting with those who celebrate you, encourage you and lift you up. If you're going to become all God has created you to be, you have to get around the right people that will speak life, faith and vision into your future. Unfortunately, many people live below their full potential because they never get away from the wrong people in their lives, like those that constantly tell them what they can't do and who they can't become. That doesn't have to be you. Don't waste another moment with people that don't sharpen you, celebrate who you are and make you a better person. Life is short. Make your friendships count. Trust God because He's already arranged the right people to come into your life to inspire you, challenge you, help you grow and accomplish your dreams!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful to read about the wonderful you and your family are doing with this foundation. I also want to start a foundation to help the children in Haiti. I'm eager to help my people over there. Your blog has inspired me to pursue my dreams to help others. Thank you

Marie Ferdinand